Below is a list of the most important pros and cons of moving to a new country that you should definitely review before even considering a move abroad:
Pros of Moving to a New Country
1. Travel Opportunities- The concept of “travel” could range from merely exploring your own neighborhood to venturing beyond and embarking on an adventure to a neighboring country.
2. Expansion of Knowledge-With travel comes the power of knowledge and learning. You can constantly learn about different cultures, languages, and histories as you travel to new cities and countries.
3. Personal Growth- When you move to a new country, you’ll be thrown into brand new situations and settings that may seem intimidating and scary at first, but are always the best ways to grow as an individual.
4. New Relationships- Anyone moving to a foreign country will expand their social circle, friendships, and relationships tremendously. You never know who you’ll meet abroad.
Cons of Moving to a New Country:
1. Culture Shock- Culture shock may be triggered by anything, but the usual culprits are the differences in living situations, food, transportation, and social mannerisms.
2. Language Barrier- If you’re moving to a new country that has a native language different than your mother tongue, you’re bound to experience communication barriers.
3.Finances- It’s essential to save up for your move abroad months in advance and brace yourself to adjust to a different type of currency.
4. “New kid” Syndrome- When moving to a new country, you may feel as if you’re the “new kid” all over again for the first week or two upon arriving to your new home. This is completely normal.